Updated: March 14, 2023
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you open an account, sign up for our newsletter, sign up to be on our email list, place an order, ask to receive emails or text messages, contact customer service, submit comments or reviews, respond to surveys or quizzes, enter into sweepstakes, giveaways, or other programs, or interact with us on social media. This data may include, but is not limited to, your identifiers (name, date of birth, age range, gender, mailing address, e-mail address, account information for subscription, telephone number, social media handles), product reviews, geolocation, responses to surveys/quizzes, product preferences, commercial information (transaction and payment information, purchase history, financial details), internet or other similar network activity (browsing history, search history, interaction with our website and others, applications, online behavior, interests, systems, advertisements), inferences (inferences created from collected Personal information to create a summary, for ex: a person’s preferences) and content of communications with our customer support team.
We may collect information about you from other sources. This includes:
Other customers who provide your personal information
For example: to send you a gift or when they sign up for a refer-a-friend program.
Order processing partners
For example: order processing partners (i.e. as fraud prevention and fulfillment partners), third-party payment processor (payment card information is collected and processed by the specific payment provider).
Unaffiliated third parties
For example: marketing and advertising companies, market research companies, and sample distributors.
We automatically collect information about your interactions with us when you purchase our products, use our website (https://tazzy.co), and interact with our communications. This includes:
This is necessary to process your order. Information collected: product details, contact information (name, email address, phone number), shipping address, billing address, purchase dollar amount, the date and location of the transaction.
Device and Usage information
IP address, browser type, device information, operating system, access times, length of stay, items you place in a cart, the websites you visited before navigating to our websites, specific pages accessed, search terms you used to reach our websites, and links clicked.
Information collected by cookies, google analytics, pixels, and similar tracking technologies
Information which cannot reasonably be related to you, directly or indirectly, is not considered Personal information and is not subject to this Statement.
To the extent our collection, use or disclosure of your Personal information is solely based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent by contacting us using the contact information in the “CONTACT US” section below.
If you provide Personal information about another individual to us, it is your responsibility to obtain the consent of that individual to enable us to collect, use and disclose their information as described in this Policy.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Referring to the categories of information we collect above, this section describes the reasons we may have collected and used such data and how we may continue to collect and use it:
- Complete the transactions you request, perform our contractual obligations, send cart reminders, process refunds, and use as otherwise anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship;
- Communicate with you, including to tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you; (Every email we send has an opt out function. Please see the “Opting Out of Communications” section below);
- Create and manage your online accounts and profiles (including your subscription);
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments;
- Facilitate your engagement with us, including to enable you to post comments and reviews on our websites, to engage with other customers, and to post on social media;
- Offer contests, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, or other promotions;
- Administer rewards from contests, sweepstakes, loyalty programs or other promotions;
- Tailor content and information that we send or display to you, offer location customization and personalized recommendations, help, and instructions, and otherwise personalize your experience while using our products and services;
- Target ads to you on third-party platforms and websites;
- Monitor, audit, and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our website;
- Carry out short-term activities and other internal uses related to the products or services you purchase from us or your ongoing relationship with us;
- Conduct internal research and development;
- Detect, investigate, and respond to security incidents and protect against illegal or objectionable activities, including the unauthorized use of our website, and protect the rights and property of Tazzy Candy and others;
- Debug, identify, and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our website;
- Enforce this Policy or our Terms and Conditions;
- Comply with our legal obligations, including those required for you to benefit from rights recognized by law, or any regulatory requirements or provisions; and
- Conduct or administer surveys and other market research.
Whatever the purpose may be, we will collect and process your Personal information to the extent you have provided us with your consent, or alternatively as reasonably necessary to fulfill our contracts with you, perform our legitimate business objectives, as may be permitted or required by applicable law, or otherwise for our compliance purposes.
Personal information we collect may be processed by our partners in providing services related to our websites or otherwise offering our products and services (such as administration services, technical services relating to the maintenance, servicing, and upgrading of software, hosting services, customer service, data migration services, and analytical services, among others).
We will not sell, distribute or lease your Personal information to third parties except as described in this Policy, as permitted by law, or are required by law to do so.
HOW & WHY WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We work with third party services on the behalf of our customers, such as e-commerce providers, technical support providers, hosting, data storage, processing service providers, marketing and advertising providers, research and analytics providers, payment card processors. We do not share your Personal information with others except as indicated within this policy or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. Some of the information we request may be collected by third party providers on our behalf. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
We may share or disclose your Personal information for the following reasons:
- Affiliates, Subsidiaries, and Partners. We may share information with our corporate parent company, affiliates, or subsidiaries.
- Service Providers. We may share information with third parties that help us operate our business and provide a service to you. These include but are not limited to:
- Third Party Warehouse & Fulfillment- makes shipping and delivery possible. This warehouse uses a software called Logiwa that collects all relevant shipping information and products purchased to allow the products to be delivered once purchased.
- Klaviyo- is our email service provider, that allows us to segment users based on purchase characteristics and retarget;
- Recharge- manages subscription payments, and they may collect your name, email address, shipping and billing addresses, payment information, phone number;
- Shopify- hosts our website. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and provide information to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application including their ‘Shop’ mobile application which may provide you with shipping and related notifications about fulfillment of our products.
- Third Party Payment Processors- allow you to make purchases on our website. Information you provide on the website(s) may be shared with and stored by our payment processors; Paypal, AmazonPay, and ShopPay. The information is subject to their respective privacy policies.
- Please visit these third party payment processors’ privacy policies at:
- Yotpo- allows you to leave reviews on the Website. Yotpo may collect your name, email address, telephone number, IP address, age, sex, occupation, income, location, interests, information related to Web beacons (such as the URL of the page from which the Web beacon comes and the time at which the Web beacon was viewed) and any other information you voluntarily provide (such as comments, reviews, ratings, photos, questions, or videos).
- Instagram- allows Tazzy Candy to target, share information, advertise, retarget. You will be linked to the official Instagram Page for Tazzy Candy, when you click the Instagram icon on our website https://www.instagram.com/tazzycandy/
- Facebook- allows Tazzy Candy to target, share information, advertise, retarget.
- Please visit Facebook’s data policy at: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/previous
- Please visit Facebook’s opt-out page to learn how to opt out of pixel: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/223929738210704#:~:text=Select%20Tracking%20%26%20Analytics.,pixel%20again%20at%20any%20time.
- Tiktok- allows Tazzy Candy to target, share information, advertise, retarget. You will be linked to the official TikTok Page for Tazzy Candy, when you click the Instagram icon on our website: https://www.tiktok.com/@tazzycandy?lang=en
- Please visit TikTok’s pixel information here: https://ads.tiktok.com/help/article/tiktok-pixel?redirected=2
- Google Adwords/Analytics –tracks consumers once they engage with one of our ads. The process works as such: a consumer clicks one of our ads, a cookie is then placed, temporarily, on their computer, once an action takes place (like making a purchase on our website) Google Ads recognizes the cookie and records a conversion. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our ads. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. Google recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Please note at this time, we do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "do not track" instructions.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Users and the Service- We may share information when we believe that doing so is necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of Tazzy Candy, our employees or agents or users, or to comply with applicable law or legal process, including responding to requests from public and government authorities, and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain.
- Business Transfers- We may transfer the information we hold in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (such as with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, dissolution or liquidation) or take steps in anticipation of such a transaction.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information- We may share aggregated or de-identified data without restriction.
- Otherwise with Your Consent or at Your Direction- In addition to the sharing described in this Policy, we may share information about you with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing.
When you participate in posting content about Tazzy Candy or participate in publicly-accessible forums (such as when posting reviews of our products), please note that some of your profile information may be publicly exposed. This may include your first name, last name, your opinion, photo content as part of your account or review. That review may be shared with our syndication partners and the review may be displayed on other social media or third-party marketplaces. Please be careful when disclosing any information in public posting areas, as we are not responsible for the use by others.
Our website is not directed to minors under the age of 16. Children under the age of 16 should not use our website and should not provide us with Personal information. We do not knowingly collect Personal information from children under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal information from a user under the age of 16, we will delete the information as soon as possible. Because we do not knowingly collect Personal information from children under the age of 16, we also do not knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired. When we no longer need to use your personal data, it is removed from our systems and records or anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it.
NEWSLETTER & EMAILS
If you signed up for our email listserv or newsletter, or purchased our products, we may send you emails regarding our website and/or products. We may contact you using personal information that you have provided to us (such as a physical mailing address) or contact information that you have made publicly available. All email communications of this nature, have an opt-out function, if you do not wish to receive this information. Or contact us and tell us not to communicate this information to you.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Our website may link you to other sites (“Linked Sites” that are not owned by us). We do not control the collection or use of any information, including Personal Information that occurs during your visit to the Linked Sites. Further we make no representations about the privacy policies or practices of the Linked Sites, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these Linked Sites. Be careful of disclosing any of your Personal Information when leaving our Sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Sites and to read the privacy statements of every website that collects Personal Information.
Please note, no data transmission (for example, when making a transaction) over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Services, and you do so at your own risk.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS’ RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” affords consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal data. If you reside in California, this section applies to you and describes our data practices today and in the preceding 12 months.
The California Code of Regulations defines a "resident" as:
- Every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and
- Every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose
All other individuals are defined as "non-residents."
If this definition of "resident" applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES
For purposes of the CCPA, we may disclose to service providers for business purposes, the information in the table below. We collect the following categories of personal data listed in the table below. For examples of the data we collect, the sources of such collection, and why we disclose this information to other sources please see sections: “INFORMATION WE COLLECT”, “HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT”, and “HOW & WHY WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION”. In the past 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal data for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
Categories of Personal Data
Potential Categories of Recipients
Contact details (such as name, shipping address, phone number, unique personal identifier, Internet protocol address, email address, account name)
Partners that provide: advertising and marketing services (including personalized emails and social media platforms), data analytics, payment processors, fulfillment, customer support, internet service, operating systems, other users, fraud prevention partners, cloud service providers, technical maintenance and system security providers; successors, lawful recipients
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute
Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history, and financial information
Partners that provide: data analytics, advertising and marketing services (including personalized emails and social media platforms), payment processors, fulfillment, customer support, fraud prevention, and cloud service providers, successors, lawful recipients
Transaction and payment information, purchase history, financial details
Partners that provide: data analytics, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, fulfillment, customer support, fraud prevention, cloud service providers, successors, lawful recipients
Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, interactions with our website and others, applications, systems, advertisements
Partners that provide: data analytics, advertising and marketing services, internet service, operating systems, cloud service, fraud prevention, and technical maintenance and system security providers
Device (mobile, desktop) location – city/state/town/country
Partners that provide: advertising and marketing services, data analytics providers, Internet service providers, and operating systems and platforms, accessibility successors, lawful recipients
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, or olfactory information
Photographs/videos/calls you provide to us or post on our website
Partners that provide: Customer support, social media, market research, and facility security
Inferences created from collected Personal information to create a summary, for ex: a person’s preferences.
Partners that provide: advertising and marketing services, data analytics, customer support, cloud service, accessibility, and fraud prevention, successors, lawful recipients
Please note, all of the Categories of Personal Data listed in the above chart are coming from you, automatic collection when you use our website, and from service providers, agents, partners of Tazzy Candy, and social media companies.
We may also collect other personal information outside of the above categories where you interact us in person, online, by phone, by mail:
- Participation in customer surveys, giveaways, contests;
- Facilitation in the delivery of our products and to respond to your comments/questions/inquiries;
Receiving help through customer support.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CCPA
- Right to request deletion of data – Request to delete
- You can ask to delete your personal information. We will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another consumer of their right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation, or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
- Right to know- Request to know
- Whether we collect and use your personal information;
- the categories of personal information that we collect;
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- whether we sell or share personal information to third parties;
- the categories of personal information that we sold, shared, or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, shared, or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information; and
- the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
In accordance with applicable law, we are not obligated to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
- Right to non-discrimination
- We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
- Right to limit use and disclosure of sensitive personal information
- We do not process consumer’s sensitive private information.
- Other privacy rights
- You may object to the processing of your personal information.
- You may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant.
- You can designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf under the CCPA. See more information in section, VERIFICATION PROCESS.
- You may request to opt out from future selling or sharing of your personal information to third parties.
You can exercise these rights by email at email@example.com or use the information in section, CONTACT US.
Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with information you have previously provided us. For instance, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g., phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. However, if we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. Please do not provide any sensitive personal data in connection with this request, such as a driver's license or other government-issued ID. In some cases, we may be required to contact the individual who is the subject of the request to verify his or her own identity or confirm you have permission to submit this request. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SELLING AND SHARING PERSONAL DATA
While we do not sell or share your personal data with third parties in exchange for money, some of our advertising and analytics activities may constitute “sharing” or “selling” under California law. In order to advertise our products to you and better understand, improve, and personalize our interactions with you, we may have shared and sold the following categories of personal data to the following categories of third parties: Identifiers, Commercial Information and Internet or other similar network activity to marketing and advertising partners.
NOTICE OF FINANCIAL INCENTIVES
We offer various financial incentives. For example, we may provide discounts or other benefits to customers who sign up to receive our marketing emails. When you participate in a financial incentive, we collect personal data from you, such as identifiers like your name and email address. You can opt in to a financial incentive by following the sign-up instructions, and you have the ability to opt out of the program by contacting us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will provide to you when you sign up. The value of your personal data is reasonably related to the value of the offer or discount presented to you.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
Used in connection with access to admin.
Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.
Used in connection with shopping cart.
Used in connection with checkout.
Used in connection with checkout.
Used in connection with checkout.
Used in connection with checkout.
Used in connection with customer login.
Used in connection with customer login.
Used to facilitate updating customer account information.
Reporting and Analytics
Track landing pages
Track landing pages
Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.
Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners.
Tazzy Candy Corp
111 Brook Street Suite 202
Scarsdale, NY 10583